Dr. (Mrs.) VIJAY LAXMI SAXENA
Coordinator: Bioinformatics Infrastructure facility Centre of DBT,
Govt. of India, Dayanand Girls (P.G.) College, Kanpur.
Member of Institute Body, Standing Academic Committee, Standing Hospital Affairs of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Member of the Academic Council of KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
General Secretary, Indian Society of Life Sciences, Kanpur.
Former General Secretary, Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata.
Former Member of the Academic Council of Mysore University, Mysore.
Former Head, Department. of Zoology,Dayanand Girls (P.G.) College, Kanpur.
Advisory Board member of Asian Journal of Experimental Sciences ISSN : 0971 - 5444
DATE OF BIRTH: 04.12.1952
QUALIFICATION: M.Sc., Ph.D.
DESIGNATION: Head of the Zoology Department,
Coordinator: Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility Centre of DBT, Govt .of India
ADDRESS: Department of Zoology,D.G.College, Kanpur.
C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur.208001
Phone: (R) 0512-2543768, (O) 0512 -2530657, (M) 09415125252
ACADEMIC (M.Sc. ONWARDS) AND PROFESSIONAL CAREER:
- -> Appointed as Lecturer in Zoology in September 1972, Women’s College B.H.U. Varanasi.
- ->Worked at P.P.N. College, Kanpur for 3 sessions.
- ->Worked as a lecturer in A.N.D. College, Kanpur.
- ->Joined Dept. of Zoology, D.G.College, Kanpur since 26.07.1983 till to Date.
POSTS HELD IN DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS:
- ->General Secretary:Indian Science Congress Association for a period of three years from 2010-2013.
- ->General Secretary:Indian Society of Life Sciences from 2008-2010.
- ->Convener Kanpur Chapter, ISCA (2007-2010,2013- till date).
- ->Elected Executive Committee Member of ISCA from 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009,2009-2010,2013 till date.
- ->Elected Council Member of ISCA from 2006-2007,
- ->N.S.S Coordinator,C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur from- 10.05.2001-2004.
- ->Elected Recorder of the Section of Zoology, Entomology & Fisheries of the Indian Sciences Congress Association in 1996-1997, 1997-1998.
- ->Elected Member of the Section of Zoology, Entomology & Fisheries of the Indian Sciences Congress Association in 1994, 1995-1996.
- ->Joint Secretary- Indian Society of Life Sciences since 1993 till to date.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: 45 YEARS
TEACHING EXPERIENCE: ABOUT 40 YEARS
STUDENTS WHO GOT RESEARCH
DEGREE UNDER Dr. V.L.Saxena: Ph.D. DEGREE -32 Students
DETAILS OF PUBLICATIONS:
(i) No. of Papers Published: 85 + 09 Review Article Publication in Book
(ii) No. of Papers accepted for Publication: 02
(iii)No. of Books Published: 20
(iv) No. of Abstracts Published: 72
EDITORSHIP OF JOURNALS:
->Associate Editor in International Journal of Zoology, Research Journal of Bio info.
- ->Member of Editorial Boards-Connect Journals, Journal of Environmental Biology Published From Mumbai.
- ->Editor,Journal of Experimental Biology, an International Journal.
- ->Editor, Trends in Life Sciences, an International Journal, 1983 till date.
- ->Member of Editorial Board, “Science India”, a National Science Magazine, Published From Cochin, Kerala.
-> Dr.B.S.Chauhan Medal was awarded by Zoological Society of India on 29 Dec 2011 at the Inaugural Session of 22 nd All India Congress of Zoology held at Lucknow University , Lucknow .
- ->Women Scientist Award for the year 2009-2010.in the National Conference held at Banglore between 29 March to 31 March, in Commemoration of International Women's year on 'Challenges of Modern Biology by 2020 organized by ISCA, Bang Chapter, Dept of Biotechnology, V.V.Pura college of science &S.R.N.A College, Banglore.
- ->CERTIFICATE OF AWARD felicitated and awarded for outstanding contribution for advancement of Science and welfare, in the National Seminar on "Science Education and Attraction of Talent for Excellence in Research"held in Sant Hirdaram Girls College, Bhopal on February 21-22, 2009.
- ->N.M.Basu Memorial Award, 2009 for the contribution
towards innovative research at the frontiers of science with intellectual and potential leadership. April 9, 2009 at Kolkata
- ->Lions Club of Kanpur Ganges Awarded Excellent Shiksha Seva Samman on 29 Sept 2007 at Kanpur.
- ->Awarded Certificate of Honor, Society of Pest Management & Environment Protection. 1990.
- ->Winner of Gold Medal award of Indian Society of Life Sciences for presenting the best paper at the International symposium held at Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, in the year 1983.
- ->Post Doctoral Fellow of C.S.I.R. New Delhi from 01.02.1982 to 20.12.1982.